Goodrich Lumber - History
Goodrich Lumber Company was founded in 1906 by the Goodrich family and operated by them in Duxbury for 86 years. In April, 1993 the business was purchased by Mr. Wakeman and over the next few years experienced significant sales growth in the original Duxbury location.
In September, 2002, Mr Wakeman moved Goodrich Lumber from Duxbury to its present location in Kingston near Exit 10 off Route 3. Our new facility features a 45,000 square foot drive through indoor lumber yard with a 7500 square ft hardware store attached. The business continued to grow, attracting customers from all three nearby towns on the south shore and beyond. In December 2009, Mr. Wakeman and Mr. Medeiros reached an agreement on a transition of management and the purchase of the business.
Mr. Medeiros assumed the day to day management of the business, and ownership transitioned over a number of years. Since that time Mr. Medeiros has focused on continuing to build the legacy of Goodrich Lumber by being a community resource for quality products, providing cutting edge advancements in building science, and leading in education and technical support for the professional contractor.